Brenda in Japan

Hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, Brenda McKinney is an American living and working in the Kansai region of Japan. This is an account of her life and adventures among the fine people of Nihon.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Getting Ready for Race Day

I'm about to head out for the weekend. I can't believe I'm only two days out from the big race!

I need sleep, but I'm defiitely feeling better and trying to pump myself up mentally for these last 48 hours. I'll put together our food packets tomorrow (can leave food at a table every 15k after 5k... nice little detail about doing marathons in Japan vs. elsewhere) and - very exciting news - spent this afternoon making our running jerseys and they're turning out well.

I came up with two logos: one with two girls running from a big bus with a big time clock (just like the time limits in the marathon...haha) and one with an adult hand reaching out for a child's hand, with the Cambodian flag painted on the adult's hand like mehendi (henne painting). In the end, I didn't go with either, though. I'm going to leave the front blank for now and put the roster on the back of the shirts. I think I'll paint a design before Tam and I actually bring ours to Cambodia on the trip, but I think it looks more like an actual race team shirt if it's only the black (with a small Addidas logo) on the front. We chose to use sleeveless, running shirts (special cotton mix), but we're wearing them as vests with matching headbands and shirts underneath...

Just wanted to give you a peek of the shirts (in progress):



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home